We spent the winter of 2017 working on songs, and in the Spring we recorded our second album. We thorougly enjoyed working with Charlie Kramsky and Jon Neiss at Austin Signal Studios, and playing with these fine musicians: Ollin Chavez, Marjorie Gonzales Chavez, Fred Mandujano, and Nathan Cook.
In June, we took "The Lonesome American" on the road and played 24 shows in six Western states. Here are some favorite memories from the 17 cities we visited:
- Playing again at Kate and Billy's show at one of our favorite venues - the Adobe Bar in Taos, New Mexico
- A great listening audience at the Guitar Merchant in Canoga Park, California
- In Boise, Idaho, a warm reception by everyone at the Record Exchange and the Hermit Music Festival
- A house concert and successful charity benefit in Seattle, Washington
- In Portland, Oregon, playing at Ronnie Carrier's Driftin' Inn at the White Eagle and at the Waypost with the Josh Cole's bluegrass band, Tenbrook
- The fine welcome and wonderful support of the folks at the Rite Spot in San Francisco
We're starting 2018 with ... more music. In mid-January, we'll play in seven venues from Monterey to Altadena, and then head to Taos for a few weeks' rest before we return to Austin.